Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Salamander Update: WIP Progress


After getting excited about painting Space Marines again, I've been spending a bit of time adding some extra models to my fledgling army.  Most of it has been models that were needed for the Tournament, but some of them have been done with the future of the army in mind. 

As a quick project closure, I finished painting the backpack of this Blood Claw that I started way back when.  I'm pretty sure the paint job on that suit of armour is about 2 years old which is a little sad really...




The first off the ranks are the Long Fangs toting Heavy Bolters.  These are part of a trio that spent the tournament raining shells of hot death upon the enemy.  Their 9 shots means that I’m able to spray a small unit (or the remainder of a larger one) or a light vehicle and actually have a chance of doing some damage.  I look forward to seeing what they can do against someone who’s not in power armour.





The next model is the Chooser of the Slain model that I build for use with my Librarian I built recently.  I fancy the serpents to be psychic constructs of juvenile Drakes that inhabit Nocturne, hence the lighter skin tones. 



Finally the last model is that of a Sergeant armed with a combi-plasma that will most likely join a unit of Grey Hunters that is already armed with Plasma Guns and perhaps even a Plasma Pistol.  This will create a very powerful anti-infantry squad that can be deployed against Heavy Infantry / Monstrous Creature with a very good chance of bringing them down.   I’m looking forward to building that unit once I've completed my Blood Claws. 



Before I go, here’s a pic of my current WIP project that I’m working on (at least one of many) and it is one that I hope will be completed by the end of the month.  This one has been a long time coming and I’m looking forward to having another Lord / Hero model for my Chaos Warriors fully painted.



Catch you all later

Trev 

No comments:

Post a Comment