Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Salamander Update - Creating Master Librarian Vel'cona

Very soon after completing my version of Mir'San with Lightning Claws, I began working on a new Librarian to replace the one I made at the beginning of this year.  To be honest, the only issue I have with the old one is the tendency it has to topple when caressed by a light breeze which isn't conducive to maintaining a good paint job.  Considering the amount of enjoyment I got while painting the blue armour I jumped at the opportunity to build another Librarian.






It's about this point that I decided to splurge a bit and purchase a number of plastic components from a number of plastic kits that were combined in an attempt to make a unique whole.  As is usual for my IC's, I've used the legs and chest-piece from the Sanguinary Guard box, as well as an axe head from one of the Glaive Encarmines to create his force axe.  The haft of the weapon, the psychic hood, the right arm and the majority of the accessories came from an assortment of Grey Knight boxed sets.  These can be picked up from Hoard 'O Bits for a song (at least for us Aussies anyway).


With a bit of work and some creative placement of greenstuff, Master Vel'cona was ready for base-coating.  Unfortunately I was a little over-eager when I was building him and while applying the first layer of paint and I've forgotten to take WIP shots, so unfortunately he's at quite an advanced stage in the pic above.  Originally I had him armed with a force staff, but I decided the in-game benefits weren't worth it and changed it to an axe.  Never underestimate the glory that comes from wielding an AP 2 force weapon.  You might strike last, but whatever you hit will pretty much die screaming.







Here's how he stands currently, patiently awaiting another session "under-the-brush".  More armour has beren painted and I've spent some time working on the extra details present on the model.  I'm not sure why, but I'm really enjoying painting this guy.  Maybe I just enjoy painting blue...

Catch you all later

Trev

4 comments:

  1. Really nice man, great pose and love the force weapon. Theres nothing better than kitbashing, all of my HQ choices are kitbashed. Gotta love the Tactical sprues with a few choice additions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive post there vandalworks. Gotta say, I agree totally with you with kitbashing. It's a great way of making your army your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that tactical sprue can make anything you want. Except vehicles of course ha. Nice to see some salamanders too, look forward to seeing the army grow=]

      Delete
  3. Anychance I can tempt you into becoming a badab veterans member? http://thefallenprinces.blogspot.co.uk/p/badab-veterans.html if interested let me know.

    Silar

    ReplyDelete