Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

#TerrainTuesday - Why I love painting rock

The past...

As I mentioned last week, I'm taking the opportunity to return to one of my older projects and make some more progress on my snow table.  The three pieces I've currently finished have come out better than I'd hoped and it's time to add another fairly generic piece to the mix, one that's readily associated with the northern wastes - the good-old rocky outcropping.




Using the stock standard rock paint recipe that I'm slowly beginning to perfect over these last few terrain pieces, I built up layers of detail using several layers of dry-brushing before finally giving the base a layer of white in preparation for the application of snow which I'm intending to apply this week should all go well.

The present....





The future?

Catch you all later,

Trev

2 comments:

  1. Ah rock, good old dependable rock, nothing beats rock...

    They're looking great, although I'm looking forward to seeing them post-snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks myincubliss! Rest assured that the 'snowing' process should be completed in time for the next installment of Terrain Thursday this week. Nothing like a looming deadline to get the productivity juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete