Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

WoC Update: Painting the Everchosen


As part of the frenzied hobby activity that was my tournament prep fortnight, I decided I was going to at least get my general painted and ready to go.  Considering my General was going to be Mr Badass himself, the Everchosen of Chaos, I was going to have my work cut out for me from the get-go.



The first thing that came to mind about this model was that it's heavy as hell!  So heavy in fact, I would consider him a viable alternative to a sock dreadnought as a 'behavioral corrective measure.'  Best part is, unlike the sock dreadnought, this guy has a large pointy sword and he's not afraid to use it...




As usual., the armour was the most detailed, comprising of numerous layers of metallics and washes to generate the armour you see before you.  Personally I think this is the best armour I've ever painted.  Much of the other details, while plentiful, were still just as time-consuming.  The basing is pretty much stock-standard for me, with the Ork Skull being not only a subtle nod to the 'Storm of Chaos' retcon, but is also a tribute to a good friend who no longer plays fantasy after recently selling his Orcs and Goblin army.  Thankfully he still has his Chaos Marines so our friendly rivalry continues apace.




With this fat bastard done, I can happily update my Resolution Tracker to reflect my progress towards a fully painted army -

Miniatures Painted: 21 (+1)
Points of Painted Warriors: 856 (+580)

Before I go, a sneak peek at what I'm working on next:




Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment