Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

#TerrainTuesday – Bus Stop Short Stop Complete!



It seems that for me, 2015 is about getting partially completed projects done and maximising the organisation of my gaming space.  To this end, I’ve been spending quite a bit of time revisiting old projects and working to get each one finished before moving onto the next one in a flurry of paint cans and weathering powders.  As a result, I’ve not only finished the bust stop, but I’ve also managed to complete several more besides.  Those others are for later though.  Right now it’s all about the Bus Stop





Here’s where we last left my WiP Bus Stop.  With the block colours in place, I was able to spend some time getting the rest of the details painted and ready for the gaming table.  Washes and dry-brushing were liberally applied, bringing the details to light in preparation for the weathering powders which were to come next.  After all these years working with terrain, I’ve come to appreciate how much I was missing out on by not knowing the awesomeness that is weathering powders and the effects they create in a seemingly effortless process.  Now I can’t get enough of them, though at times I think my application is too heavy-handed which diminishes their effectiveness somewhat.  Hopefully this moderation will come with experience. 







Catch you all later,


Trev 

No comments:

Post a Comment